Did you know that research and experience shows that if you handle complaints well, you may be able to increase customer loyalty? So, if you do get a critical review or mention in a forum or on social media it is imperative not to over react. Rather, stay calm and engage in a positive way and it may be possible to turn a disgruntled customer into a delighted fan.
Here’s How to Handle Negative Reviews
- Don’t panic
- Engage quickly
- Try to recover the service
- Apologise for their experience (while not necessarily admitting fault).
- Mention how your business cares about customers and service
- Tell them you welcome an opportunity to discuss further to look for a way to work it out together.
- Continue to monitor social media.
- Manage your online presences though blogging, social media and SEO. This way you get pages that you control to show at the top of the lists.
- Google places could be hit by a negative review, but as an owner you can manage the page, and reply quickly.